Success story with Google AdSense 3

Business

Anyone who is new to computers or unfamiliar with the Internet can appreciate the usefulness of grownupgeek.com. Founder Randy Brown started the site because friends and acquaintances constantly asked him for computer help. Today, Brown’s audience has expanded beyond his immediate circle of friends. Between 5,000 and 6,000 unique visitors each day come to his site for referrals, recommendations on security products, tips and information to help them keep their PCs running smoothly and securely. The site is written in plain English, making it ideal for technology novices...

Approach
"AdSense is superior in terms of ad targeting, reporting, and a richer inventory of ads. If I had to choose between AdSense and other services, I would choose AdSense every time. It is my most effective tool for generating income."

Randy Brown
Founder GrownUpGeek.com

At first, Brown was wary of starting grownupgeek.com because of the cost of website hosting. He heard about Google AdSense™ in an online forum, and thought it might be a way for him to cover his costs. "I wanted to start a computer information site for beginners, but not unless I could at least break even," he recalls. "I probably wouldn’t have started the site if it weren’t for the ability to earn revenue from AdSense."

Implementing AdSense on his site, according to Brown, "couldn’t have been any easier," despite the fact that Brown says he’s not a practiced webmaster. He was immediately satisfied with his revenues. "I only wanted to cover my $7.77 per month hosting fees, but AdSense far surpassed that right away," Brown proclaims. "The income I started earning blew me away."

Although he was immediately happy with this revenue, Brown heard about AdSense Referrals and realized that it could help him earn more money and improve his visitors’ experience. This is an AdSense feature that enables website publishers to increase their revenue while expanding their visitors’ awareness of useful products and services.

For example, Brown often recommends the Firefox web browser because of its powerful security features. By adding a referral button to his site, Brown realized he could direct users to Firefox with the Google Toolbar. When a referral connects a user to Firefox, Google pays Brown each time.

"Much of the information on my site is security-related, so I immediately saw that AdSense Referrals for Firefox were the perfect match with the content on my site," says Brown. "I believe in Firefox and use it myself, so it made sense for me to recommend it to my readers."

Results

Brown reports that "about 50 percent of my income now comes from AdSense Referrals – and sometimes it even accounts for 75 percent of my earnings." He says he’s tried other services, but AdSense and AdSense Referrals surpass other options. Plus, advanced features in AdSense such as channel reporting and the ability to combine several ads in a single box have helped him optimize his earnings performance.

"AdSense is superior in terms of ad targeting, reporting, and a richer inventory of ads," says Brown. "If I had to choose between AdSense and other services, I would choose AdSense every time. It is my most effective tool for generating income."

from grownupgeek

People read this article also read these articles below



No comments:

Post a Comment

This site does not store any files on its server.We only index and link to content provided by other sites.

*Disclosure: We are a professional review site that receives compensation from the companies whose products we review. We test each product thoroughly and give high marks to only the very best. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own.